I don't really think I knew what I was getting myself into when I agreed to participate in this blog hop. It's my first blog hop and at first I thought it would be a piece of cake .... until I started stressing over what pictures I would use and then over the layout itself. I don't remember how many times I changed the elements on this layout! I knew that I wanted to use pool pictures and the Look on the Bright Side paper pack for my layout but I had an awful time deciding which pool pictures and what paper to use. I finally decided to use some of my favorite pool pictures from the summer of 2008. The little boy featured in this layout is now 3 or 4 inches taller than I am and his younger sister is not far behind. She's not quite taller than I am yet but soon will be. I really wish my grand-kids would stay young longer but I don't think that's going to happen!! Anyway, here is my blog hop layout:
Life is Totally Fantastic Two Page Layout
By-the-way, I took this picture with my new smart phone. After years of practically everyone in my family trying to convince my husband to get me a smart phone, he FINALLY broke down and did it. And only because my nephew told him about Republic Wireless ($20 a month for 2 phones!!). Oh my gosh! Now I know why everyone I know is always glued to their smart phones!!
- Creative Memories Look on the Bright Side paper pack
- Creative Memories Look on the Bright Side slide in pack
- Green cardstock - I used discontinued Creative Memories Apple Green
- Amber or Orange cardstock - I used discontinued Creative Memories Tangerine
- Pink Dual-Tip Pen
- Foam Squares
- small sharp scissors
- Creative Memories Postage Stamp Place 'n' Punch (no longer available through Creative Memories)
- Creative Memories Rotary Trimmer and Postage Stamp blade (no longer available through Creative Memories)
- Use the multicolored dotted paper from the Look on the Bright Side paper pack as the base of your layout.
- Using the Rotary Trimmer and the Postage Stamp blade, cut four 1/2 x 12 inch strips from amber cardstock.
- Cut green cardstock to two 8 5/8 x 12 inch sheets. Adhere amber strips to the inside edge of green cardstock as shown. Adhere cardstock to layout.
- Trim "Love This" slide in card to 3 1/8 x 4 inches. Keeping a consistent margin, group together on the right page along with two 4 x 6 horizontal photos and one vertical 4 x 4 5/8 photo. Adhere group to page.
- Keeping a consistent margin, group two 4 x 4 inch photos, two 1 7/8 x 5 1/4 inch photos, and one 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 inch photo to the left page as shown. Adhere group to page.
- Trim one vertical "cameras" journal card from the slide in pack to 3 inches wide and adhere to page. Using sharp scissors, cut out the green camera from your trimmings. Adhere to the journaling box with foam square.
- Cut one 3 x 1 1/2 inch rectangle from yellow slide in card trimmings. Adhere below journaling box.
- Using the Postage Stamp Place 'n' Punch cut one shape from amber scrap cardstock and one shape from bright pink scrap paper. Adhere to page as shown.
- Using sharp scissors, cut Life is Totally Fantastic banner from horizontal slide in card. Adhere to page with foam squares.
- Cut flag border from borders paper and use sharp scissors to cut away the white background from flags. Trim border to 8 1/4 inches long and adhere to right page.
- Use the bright pink Dual-Tip pen to complete your journaling.
If you are blog hopping today this would be your final destination. Go here to start the hop from the top.
Here is a list of the previous blog hop participants just in case you missed any:
- Becki Adams - www.beckiadams.blogspot.com
- Debbie Hodge - www.debbiehodge.typepad.com
- Sarah Fitzgerald - www.clickwriteshare.com
- Linda Norman - www.scrappytherapy.com
- Lynn Bisset - www.phototrippingwithmamalynn.blogspot.com
- Diana Brinsley - you are here