Having a supply of pre-made borders available when working on an album project is one way to get it done quickly. By the time you've made your way through this fun blog hop, you'll have lots of ideas to add to your supply of borders. Be sure to follow all the way through to the end of this blog hop and return to the CM home page. As Lisa said, there will be blog candy! Woohoo!
Here's my contribution:
I love, love, love the Look on the Bright Side collection! I love the way it enhances my summer pages. But, as you can see, it also works for a fun winter border (yes, I know it's August but I'm already dreaming of winter and much cooler temperatures!).
Here's what you'll need to create these borders:
- Look on the Bright Side paper pack
- Look on the Bright Side slide in pack
- Shades of Neutral Designer Cardstock
- Shades of Bright Designer Cardstock
- Gold ABC/123
- Border Maker System
- Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge
- Filmstrip Border Maker Cartridge
- Star Border Maker Cartridge
- Small sharp scissors
- Black dual-tip pen
- Cut one edge of blue and white border from Look on the Bright Side borders sheet. Use border maker with bubbles cartridge to punch a set of bubbles before removing the border from the borders sheet.
- Layer bubble border with one 1" x 12" white strip; one 3 3/4" x 12" strip cut from blue cardstock; and one 3 1/2" x 12" strip torn from blue and white diagonal stripe paper as shown. Note: the white strip should only show underneath the "falling snow" (i.e. bubbles).
- For snowman, tear one 2 1/2" circle, one 2" circle, and one 1 1/2" circle from white paper. Adhere to border as shown.
- Use the round tip of black dual-tip pen to create the snowman's eyes, mouth and shirt buttons.
- Use orange, brown, and black scraps to cut the snowman's hat, nose and arms. Adhere as shown.
- Use border maker with the filmstrip cartridge to punch filmstrip from green cardstock and cut to 1 1/4" x 12"
- Layer green filmstrip with one 1 1/2" x 12" inch strip cut from blue cardstock and one 2 1/4" x 12" strip cut from green print as shown.
- Use lower case letters from gold ABC/123 stickers to create title as shown.
- Use small sharp scissors to cut camera from Look on the Bright Side slide in pack and adhere as shown.
- Use border maker with star cartridge to punch stars from orange cardstock. Cut strip to 1 1/4" x 12"
- Cut one 1" x 12" strip from "plaid" paper. Adhere under star strip as shown.
- Cut one 2'" x 12" strip from bright pink print. Layer with star strip as shown.
- Use small sharp scissors to cut Favorite photos from Look on the Bright Side slide in pack. Adhere to border as shown.
Here is a list of blog hop participants, just in case you started here or missed any:
CM Bordermania Blog Hop post to be entered to win a Border Maker System and all of the cartridges! Good luck, have fun and be sure to leave a comment here too.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!