I love this collection and really enjoyed working with the Fall In collection for this post. So much so that I went overboard and created more borders than I had originally intended. Then ran out of time to create all the layouts I had planned to create. I ended up with 12 borders, a traditional layout and a Fast2Fab layout. I've divided the borders into three sets of 4 borders that will include instructions for each border. Needless to say there's a lot to cover today so I'm going to get started. Hope you enjoy them!
Supplies List - Fall In Borders:
Fall In Title Stickers, Fall In Designer Paper Pack, Fall In Slide-In Pack, Fall In Leaf Embellishments, brown cardstock, Tape Runner, Foam Squares. You'll also need a 12-inch Straight Trimmer, sharp scissors, a 2-way Corner Rounder, black and brown dual-tip pens, the Shape Maker with the Square Punch, the Border Maker with the Picket Fence and Film Strip cartridges, a Blossom Place n Punch, and a paper punch.
Basic Flag Instructions:
To create the flags used in borders, slightly pinch the two corners of your rectangle or strip and snip to create a "v" into your flag.
Before I continue, here's a little tip for you: Don't throw out the "trash" from your Border Maker borders. You never know when they might come in handy. For instance, the piece of "string" shown on the Fall border below is actually the very narrow piece of cardstock that was left after punching the brown cardstock Picket Fence border on the right.
Fall In Borders 1
- Punch film strip from beige paper. Using sharp scissors, separate the left side of border from the right side. Trim to 1/2" x 12 inches. Remove the striped border from border sheet. Cut a 1 1/4" x 12" strip from red patterned paper. Adhere the solid part of your beige strip under the red strip. Assemble as shown to create a 2 inch wide border strip.
- Cut a 2" x 3" rectangle from beige paper. Tear one end of rectangle as shown. Use a corner rounder to round corners at the other end. Use a paper punch to punch a hole in the top of tag. Attach title sticker to tag and adhere to border strip as shown. Note: As noted, the "string" on the tag is the "trash" left after punching the brown cardstock picket fence.
- Remove the beige arrow border strip from border sheet. Trim to 1" wide. Cut a 1 1/2 strip from green patterned paper.
- Use Square Maker to punch a square from beige paper. Cut a 2 1/2" square from green paper.
- Assemble border as shown and attach title sticker as shown.
3. "Lots of Leaves"
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 12" strip from woodgrain pattern paper and a 2 1/4" x 12" strip from red pattern paper.
- Cut a 3/4" x 3 1/4" rectangle from beige paper. Cut "V" in one end. Create title with brown dual-tip pen.
- Adhere 2 green leaves and one brown leave to border as shown. Use foam squares to adhere the red leaf and small brown leaf. Apply tape runner to end of title flag and adhere to border as shown.
- Using Picket Fence cartridge punch one Picket Fence Border from beige paper and one from brown cardstock. Trim beige border strip to 1 1/4" x 12" and brown border strip to 1 5/8" x 12".
- Cut one 5/8" x 12" strip from red patterned paper. Thread thru beige border strip as shown and assemble border as shown.
- Use square maker to punch a square from brown cardstock. Cut a 2 1/4" square from red pattern paper. Use corner rounder to round corners of both squares. Assemble squares and adhere to border as shown. Attach title sticker.
Fall In Borders 2
- Remove the numbers border shown from borders sheet and trim to 1" x 12". Cut a 1 1/4 x 12" strip from purple patterned paper. Assemble as shown.
- Cut "Smile" title from vertical slide-in card. Cut a 1 3/4"x 4" rectangle from the same slide-in card. Use the 2-way Corner Rounder to cut corners on both pieces. Assemble as shown and adhere to border strip.
2. "Life is Good"
- Remove Life is Good border from border sheet. Punch 2 Picket Fence Borders from brown cardstock. Trim to about a half inch wide. Cut a 2" x 12" strip from red pattern paper. Assemble border as shown.
- Adhere two brown and two teal leaves to border as shown.
3. "These Moments"
- Remove These Moments border from border sheet and trim to one inch wide. Trim off 1/2 inch from both ends and cut a "v" into each end.
- Cut a 1 1/4" x 12" strip from purple patterned paper and a 1 5/8" x 12" strip from stripe paper.
- Assemble as shown and adhere leaf stickers.
- Remove border shown from border sheet and trim to 1 1/4" wide. Cut a 1/2" x 12" strip from purple pattern paper and a 1 5/8" x 12" strip from beige paper. Assemble border as shown.
- Cut a 1 3/4" x 2 3/4" rectangle from purple paper and a 2" x 3" rectangle from beige paper. Cut a "v" in one end of each rectangle. Assemble flag and adhere Joy title sticker. Adhere to border as shown.
Fall In Borders 3
1. "Friends Forever"
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, fussy cut "label" from slide-in card. Measure 1 7/16 inches from center point and mark with a pencil. Using a ruler, draw line across label at your pencil mark from one end to the other. Use a personal trimmer to cut label at line. Adhere title sticker to label. Use scissors to trim off any white from the sticker that may be hanging over the top of the label.
- Cut a 1/4" x 12" strip from stripe paper and a 1 1/2" x 12" strip from purple paper. Assemble border as shown.
- Tear woodgrain paper to 1 1/4" x 12" and grey patterned paper to 1 3/4" x 12". Assemble border as shown.
- Cut a 2 1/2" square from grey patterned paper. Use a black dual-tip pen to doodle stitching around edge of square. Adhere square to border and attach title sticker.
3. "Autumn Harvest"
- Remove border shown from border sheet. Use the Square Maker to punch a square from red patterned paper. Adhere to border as shown.
- Cut a 3/4" x 4 1/2" strip from purple patterned paper. Snip a "v" into both ends. Adhere to red square as shown and attach title sticker.
4. "Happy Day"
- Use the Border Maker to punch a picket fence border from plaid paper. Trim to 1 1/2" x 12". Cut a 5/8" x 12" strip from red pattern paper and weave thru picket fence. Cut a 2" x 12" strip from purple patterned paper. Assemble border as shown.
- Use the Blossom Place n Punch to punch two red and 4 purple blossoms. To create flowers, rough up your top blossom by wading it. Straighten it back out then run the petals thru your thumb and forefinger to make them stand up a bit. Use a small foam square to attach to bottom piece. Add rhinestone sticker from Fall In Leaf Embellishments.
- Cut two 5/8" by 2" strips from red pattern paper, two 3/4" x 1 1/2" strips from beige paper and one 1/2" x 1 1/2" strip from purple paper. Snip a "v" into one end of each strip. Attach to one red and one purple flower as shown.
- Adhere flowers and title sticker to border as shown.
Okay, we're almost done! Here's the traditional layout I created with the Fall In paper, stickers and slide-in card.
Fall In Designer Paper pack, Fall In Title Stickers, Fall In Slide-In cards, Shades of Red Cardstock,
Tape Runner, 12-inch Straight Trimmer and a paper punch.
- Use red printed paper as your base.
- Tear one side of woodgrain paper to measure 21/4" x 12" and one side of grey paper to measure 2 1/2" x 12". Adhere to top of base as shown.
- Tear one side of woodgrain paper to measure 3 1/4" x 12" and one side of grey paper to measure 3 1/2" x 12". Adhere to bottom of base as shown.
- Cut one 1/2" x 12" strip from red cardstock. Adhere strip to bottom woodgrain border as shown.
- Cut a 1" x 4 1/2" strip from red patterned paper. Snip a "v" into both ends. Use paper punch to punch a hole into both ends as shown. Cut a 1/4" x 12" strip from red cardstock. Thread strip thru holes as shown and adhere to layout. Attach Fall title sticker.
- Trim a vertical photo to 4" x 5" and adhere to page as shown. Adhere 2 horizontal 4" x 6" photos to page as shown.
- Trim vertical slide-in journal card to 3" x 4". Use brown dual-tip pen to journal your story and adhere to page as shown.
Finally, I'm going to take you in another direction to show you how well the Fall In Fast2Fab album adapts to other outdoor events. I think it would be great to use as a summer camping album.
Since the Fast2Fab albums are pre-decorated, the only supplies you need to complete this album page is a Fall In Fast2Fab album, Fall In Slide-In cards, your pictures, a tape runner, and a dual-tip pen for journaling. You will also probably need a personal trimmer to trim your photos and slide-in cards. That's it. And, since all you really need to do, other than trimming your slide-in cards, is to stick down your photos and write your stories, I won't include instructions. And, by the way, this layout only took me less than 10 minutes to create. In some cases, less time than it would take to create a border!
As always, if you would like more information about the Creative Memories products used in today's projects, please visit your advisor's website. Of course, if you don't already have a Creative Memories Advisor, I'd be more than happy to be your personal Creative Memories Advisor. Just visit my website at www.creativememories.com/user/dbrinsley to create an account.
Have a good day and thanks for visiting my blog!