Thursday, April 2, 2015

April What's New!

Okay, I know I just published a blog post on Tuesday (this is a new record for me ... 2 posts in one week ... woohoo!), but I'm too excited to wait. I just love this month's new products! I'm also way stoked that CM has brought back the 11x14 Pocket Albums. I've got more to share about these pocket albums but first check out April's new products:

April 2015 What's New pg 1


April 2015 What's New pg 2

Like I said, I'm really excited that CM brought back the 11 x 14 Pocket Albums. These albums are, in my opinion, the best way to get your photos in an album quickly and easily. And the best part is that you don't have to be a scrapbooker to complete one of these albums. All you have to do is just slip your pictures in the pockets, maybe journal on a slide-in filler and that's it. You'll have an album done in no time! I used the Reflections Album when I was a Creative Memories Consultant for pictures I took during a cruise to Hawaii. I'm going to share a few pages of that album with you to give you an idea of what that will look like.

Reflections 11 x 14 Pocket Page Album


As you can see, the 11 x 14 Pocket Page Albums have a Flex-Hinge binding so you can add more pages if you want. And, of course, it's photo safe .... which means that it's acid-free, lignin-free and buffered. And, by-the-way, if you are using yours for a vacation album, the 4x6 pockets are also great for adding post cards from your vacation.


Originally, I used fillers from Creative Memories Milestones kits with my photos in this album. The middle photo on the right and my journal box on the left were matted with 5x6 fillers from those kits. To show what can be done with our new Slide-In Packs, I replaced two photos with fillers from the Sunshine Getaway Slide-In Pack.

Before I sign off for today, I have a little story to share with you that illustrates why we need to journal in our albums. While I was taking the picture of the above pages, I remembered something that I hadn't included in my journaling box. I'll have to revise this page and add another journal box. But, in the mean time, I'll tell you my little story.

I lived in San Pedro with my family when I was 5 or 6. Somewhere in the hills you can see in the bottom photo on your left. We could see the Port of LA from the road leading to and from our home. I would often look out on the cruise ships as we traveled that road and dream about being on one those ships. I would imagine the women dressed in formals and thought it would be so romantic to dance on a cruise ship. I remembered that little girl dreaming about cruising to far away places as we sailed out of port that day. Here I was, some 50 or so years later, sailing out of that same port bound for Hawaii. God is so good!! I still tear up when I remember that story.

Anyway, future generations will not know that story unless I include it in my album. I know that all of us have stories that need to be told ... don't forget to include them in your albums.

To purchase any of the products featured in this blog post, please visit my link at www.creativememories.com/user/dbrinsley. Be sure to type the name of the product you are interest in into the search bar

I hope this post inspires you to create an album of your own! And, thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment