Thursday, April 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Sequoia National Park, 1999

I pulled an album out of my bookcase this morning just for fun and was suddenly taken back to 1999. My adult and teenage grandchildren were still just little kids and toddlers then. Still wonder how that time went by so fast! Seems like I just blinked and they were adults and teenagers. While looking at the pages that I'm going to share with you today I thought to myself this is why I scrapbook. 

While I do enjoy the process of adding paper and embellishments to my album pages, most of the albums on my shelves are simple, simple, simple! Seriously, there is nothing wrong with a plain white background (in fact I like a plain white background). And, yes, I sometimes add more than just a few decorative elements to my pages. But, quite frankly, it's not about the papers and the embellishments, is it? At least not for me. For me scrapbooking is about the photos and the stories that go with those photos. It's about preserving those memories and being able to relive them every time I open my books.

Anyway, here are a few pages from my 1999/2000 Family Album .... a little blast from the past.








There you have it. I hope these pages inspire you to create your own family album ..... and to keep it simple!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment