Here's the first of two sets of borders - as always, they come complete with instructions!
Supplies List - here's what you'll need to create both sets of borders:
Christmas Joy Paper Pack
Christmas Joy Stickers
Shades of Green Cardstock
Mini Tape Runner
Black and Brown Dual-Tip Pens
Border Maker and the Evergreen Border Maker Cartridge
Shape Maker System & Square Maker Cartridge
Circle Tag Maker Cartridge
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
You'll also need scraps from Grey Cardstock (Shades of Neutral Cardstock). Or, if you prefer, use a grey print from the Christmas Joy Paper Pack.
Some of the borders have stickers that hang off the edges. If you are going to store your borders instead of placing them directly on your album page you'll need to cover the "sticky" part. The easiest method I've found so far is to cut the backing from your sticker sheet to fit the area that will be hanging off the edges.
1. Santa Border
- Tear grey snowflake print to 1 1/4" x 12 inches. Cut red print to 1 1/2" to 12 inches. Adhere grey piece to edge of the red strip.
- Cut border stick to 9" long, leaving a 2 7/8" piece. Starting at the top, attach the 9" piece to the border as shown. Attach the 2 7/8" piece starting at the bottom.
- Add the Santa sticker, making certain you cover the open space. Add Santa title sticker.
- Cut gold snowflake border from border sheet. Cut a 3/4" x 12" strip from gold and white stripe paper. Adhere to snowflake border.
- Cut a 2 1/2 square from gold stripe. Using the Shape Maker and Square Cartridge, punch a square from white cardstock. Adhere to gold square. Using the brown dual-tip pen, doodle stitching around the edge of the white square.
- Adhere double square to border and add stickers.
- Cut border shown from border sheet and trim to 1 1/2" x 12 inches. Cut a 1 3/4" x 12" strip from red printed paper and a 2 1/4" x 12" strip from grey print. Assemble and adhere border as shown.
- Cut a 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" rectangle from red print and a 1 3/8" x 4" rectangle from grey cardstock or printed paper. Use the black dual-tip pen to doodle around edge of red rectangle. Adhere rectangle to border as shown.
- Add sticker to grey triangle.
- Cut holly border from border sheet and trim to 1 1/4" x 12 inches. Cut plaid paper to 1 3/4" x 12 inches. Adhere holly border to plaid strip.
- Cut a 2 1/8" x 2 3/4" rectangle from green printed paper. Pinch together at one end and cut off corners. Use a paper punch to punch a hole in the top of your tag. Thread a thin strip of paper - what is left after punching an evergreen border - thru hole as shown.
- Add stickers to tag and adhere finished tag to border.
1. Joy Border
- Cut red printed paper to 1 3/4" x 12" and white cardstock to 1 1/4" x 12 inches. Adhere strips together as shown.
- Using the Border Maker and Evergreen cartridge, punch evergreen border from green printed paper. Use mini tape runner to adhere to white strip as shown.
- Using the Shape Maker and Circle Tag cartridge, punch tag from white cardstock. Add Joy sticker.
- Add Christmas tree sticker and tag to border.
- Remove ornaments border from border sheet and trim to 1 1/4" x 12 inches. Cut red printed paper to 1 1/2" x 12" and dark green cardstock to 1 3/4" x 12 inches.
- Cut a 2 1/2" square from dark green cardstock. Snip a "v" into one end. Use a black dual-tip pen and a ruler to create a solid line around the edge of your flag.
- Add stickers to flag. Use foam squares to adhere upper ornament. Adhere flag to border.
- Cut one 2" x 12" strip from plaid paper and one 1 1/2" x 12" strip from green printed paper. Adhere as shown.
- Cut a 2 1/2" square from light green print. Using the Border Maker and Square cartridge, punch a square from plaid paper. Use black dual-tip pen to doodle around edge of plaid square. Adhere squares to border as shown.
- Cut a 1" x 4 1/2" strip from white cardstock. Snip a "v" into one end. Add sticker shown and attach to border. Add ornament sticker.
- Tear edge of one strip of grey snowflake paper to 2 1/4" x 12" and one strip to 1 1/2" x 12 inches. Tear one edge of one strip of white cardstock to 2" x 12" and one to 1 1/4" x 12 inches. Stack and adhere strips as shown.
- Cut grey cardstock or printed paper to 1" x 4 inches. Add title sticker. Use foam squares to adhere to border.
- Add North Pole sticker.
Starting with the CM Blog, here is a list of today's Holiday Blog Hop participants:
Stop 1. Me at D. Brinsley's Memory Keeping Blog <=== You Are Here
Stop 2. Stefani Jones at Crop with StefStop 3. Lisa Graham at Lisa's Workshop
Stop 4. Fran Smitherman at CelebratingYourBeautifulLife
Stop 5. Sarah Fitzgerald at Click Write Share
Stop 6. Candace Bouldin at Scrappin' Jpegs
Stop 7. Julie Tambrini at Julie's Creative Memories Blog
Your next stop is Stefani's blog at Crop with Stef. You're going to love the fun Holiday projects Stefani has created for today's blog hop. And, if you haven't done so already, be sure to check out the fun ideas on the CM Blog!
Have a good day and thanks so much for visiting my blog!