I hear some are using CM's Little Dreamer Collection for non-baby layouts, but I'm going with the obvious. I'm super excited about this new baby collection and can't wait to complete layouts that feature my two youngest great-grandsons! The sweet little guy featured in today's layout is already a year old. Because of the stay at home orders in my state I haven't seen him since the beginning of the year and I miss him like crazy! Working on layouts that include my great-grandchildren's photos takes a bit of the sting out of not being able to be with them.
Be sure to click each image for a larger version.
My goal for this layout was to use cardstock as my base and no more than two sheets of pattern paper. I chose Candlelight cardstock from CM's recent Cardstock Buffet but you could also use white refill pages as your base or any cardstock color you like. You'll notice that the green mats are narrow. Because I didn't want to use a second sheet of green pattern paper, I cut photo mats from what paper was left after punching and trimming my cloud borders. I then trimmed my photos to fit my mats. The grey mat on the left was cut from a Variety Mat Pack photo mat. Finally the grey pattern paper and the plaid are two different sides of the same sheet of paper. Scroll down for a list of supplies needed and instructions.
Here's what you'll need to complete today's layout:
Little Dreamer Paper Pack
Little Dreamer Tone on Tone Paper Pack
Little Dreamer Foiled Embellishments
Little Dreamer Stickers
Little Dreamer Border Stickers
Little Dreamer Variety Mat Pack
Your choice of cardstock or refill pages
Personal Trimmer (best for trimming photos)
Border Maker System and Clouds Border Maker Cartridge
2-Way Corner Rounder
Adhesives (Tape Runner, Repositionable Tape Runner, Foam Squares)
Black Dual Point Pen
- Using your choice of cardstock or refill pages as your base and the 12-Inch Trimmer, cut plaid pattern paper into two 3 3/4" x 12" pieces, which will leave you with one 4 1/2 x 12" piece. Set your two smaller pieces aside and adhere the 4 1/2" x 12" piece to the right page with the grey side up as shown.
- Using the Border Maker, the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge, and the 12-Inch Trimmer, punch and trim four 3/4" x 12" strips from the green pattern paper shown. Note: you can cut 1/2" x 12" strips if desired but make sure that your cut is no wider than 3/4" at it's highest point. You'll be using what's left of the green pattern paper for photo mats and will need about 9" x 12" left for your photo mats.
- With the plaid side up and using Repositionable Tape, adhere strips to the underside of both of your 3 3/4" x 12" pieces as shown. Use a Tape Runner to adhere both pieces to layout as shown. Adhere Baby Love border stickers.
- Using the 12-Inch Trimmer, cut two 4" x 6 1/4" rectangles and two 4" x 4" squares from green pattern paper. Using the Personal Trimmer, trim two horizontal photos to 3 3/4" x 5 7/8" and two more photos to 3 3/4" square. Adhere photos with their mats to the layout as shown. Use the Personal Trimmer to trim the grey photo mat shown to 4 1/2" x 5" and a vertical photo to 4" x 4 1/2". Adhere photo mat and photo to right page as shown.
- Adhere the 4" long grey stripe border sticker above grey photo mat as shown. Use foam squares to adhere the Adorable banner sticker. To create the embellishment grouping under the grey photo mat, cut the green mat shown to 2 3/4" x 4" as shown. Use a corner rounder on the corners if desire and adhere to page as shown. Adhere the sticker and embellishments shown, using foam squares to adhere the heart embellishment.
- Use the journal mat shown to journal your story and create a title with the stickers and embellishments shown. Add the Love Bug sticker and you're done!
I'd love to see what you've done with your photos. Just visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/cmcdbrinsley to leave a photo of your layout.
For more information about the products used in today's layout, please visit your advisor's website. Of course, if you don't already have an advisor, I'd be more than happy to become your personal Creative Memories advisor. Just visit my website at http://www.creativememories.com/user/dbrinsley to create an account.
Here's a list of today's participants:
Stop 1. Me ----> you are here!
Stop 2. Noreen from Organized & Creative Mom
Stop 3. Krista from Scrappin' with Krista
Stop 4. Meggan from The Printed Project
Stop 5. Tammy from Photos2Albums
Stop 6. Karyn from Karyn Crops
Your next stop is Noreen from Organized & Creative Mom
Don't forget to visit our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/CreativeLifeScrapbooking/
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Stay safe and have fun scrapbooking your stories!