Thursday, June 4, 2015

Two Sketches and a Layout

Happy Thursday Everyone! I love sketches and today I'm going to share a sketch, an alternative sketch, and an example layout with you. I've been thinking about creating sketches for quite awhile and finally decided to take the plunge and just do it.  Here is the first of what I hope to continue to create for my blog. 

Sketch 1 


Sketch 1a

Here is the Cutting Guide used for both Sketch 1 and Sketch 1a. The idea is to use both sides of  one sheet of double-sided designer paper for a two page layout. You'll not only use less paper, you'll save yourself time looking for coordinating papers .... and cutting that paper! That's a win, win, win as far as I'm concerned. :)



My husband and I and my sister-in-law travel to Florida every year to visit my husband's mom and step-dad. One of the things we all enjoy doing together is taking a long, leisurely stroll through Sholom Park in Ocala. The pictures that I used for my example layout were taken during one of those long walks way back in 2007. I created a digital album with these photos years ago but back then I would also print my digital photos .... whether they were used in a scrapbook or not. After going through tons of ink, I decided a long time ago that I didn't really need to print every photo I took. But, at least I have a large library of photos to choose from when creating example layouts for my blog and workshops! Anyway,  I used the Strut Your Stuff Paper Pack and the Peacock Designer Stickers for my example layout. I love the Strut Your Stuff line for outdoor pages.


How to Create Layout
  1. Using the Strut Your Stuff Paper Pack cut a 1/2 x 12 inch strip from each of two sheets of the solid green paper. Set aside the half inch strips and use what's left as the base for the layout. Adhere the base to the album page right up to the inside edge as shown.
  2. Cut the blue stripe paper according to the cutting guide. Adhere two 3 x 12 inch pieces to the bottom edge of each page - stripe side up.
  3. Adhere paper ribbon to the top edge of the stripe paper as shown above. I used adhesive backed paper ribbon from an discontinued Creative Memories kit.
  4. Reverse the 4 x 12 inch piece and adhere to the left edge of the left page. Adhere the reversed 2 x 12 inch piece to the right edge of the right page (blue side up).
  5. Adhere green strips to the blue patterned paper as shown in my example.
  6. Use ABC stickers to create a vertical title on top of the left border. 
  7. Adhere your photos.
  8. Cut a journal card from the Strut Your Stuff Slide-in Pack to fit and adhere.
  9. Add embellishments.
And that's it! I hope today's post gives you some ideas for your own album pages. Don't forget to visit my link at www.creativememories.com/user/dbrinsley to purchase any of the products featured today .... or just to take a look around.

Thanks for visiting my blog!


2 comments: