Hello and welcome to Creative Life Scrapbooking's 2020 Winter Blog Hop! I'm following Karyn from Karyn Crops today and Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks will be your last stop. If you missed any of the stops, you'll find a list of each of the stops at the end of today's post. Be sure to visit all of the stops on the list for some great ideas from the scrapbookers and crafters at Creative Life Scrapbookers. You might also want to follow our Facebook page at Creative Life Scrapbooking for even more inspiration and ideas for your scrapbook layouts! Today I'll be sharing a layout created with Creative Memories Winterberry Collection.
Although we don't get a lot of snow here in my high desert home, we did get snow on Thanksgiving Day and the day after Christmas. I took pictures but I'm not ready to scrapbook them and I've been wanting to get the winter pictures I took of my great-granddaughters in 2018 (yes, I am behind!) scrapbooked. I love the way CM's Winterberry Collection complements my photos so today I'm sharing a layout that proves there doesn't have to be snow in your pictures to use this collection. You'll find instructions for my layout below.
Winterberry Designer Paper
Winterberry Designer Stickers
Winterberry Laser Cut Borders
Winterberry Variety Mat Pack
12-inch Trimmer with the Straight, Deckle, and Scallop Blades
3-in-1 Scallop Tag Punch
Tape Runner, Repositional Tape Runner and Foam Squares
Black Dual-Tip Pen
Black ABC/123 Stickers of your choice (I used a retired set for my layout).
I also dusted off my retired (old Creative Memories) heart punches for this layout.
- Using Plain 12x12 Refill Pages as your background and the 12-Inch Trimmer with the Straight Blade, cut four 2" x 12" strips from the purple printed paper shown. Adhere to both pages at the top and bottom as shown.
- Using the 12-Inch Trimmer and the Scallop Blade, cut two 8 3/4" x 12" pieces from the white dotted paper shown. Adhere to both pages as shown, making sure to cover the edges of your purple strips.
- Mat two 4" x 6" photos with the large dark purple and large light purple variety mats. You'll also need two 4" x 5 1/2" photos and two 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" photos. Adhere photos as shown.
- To create the decorative edge on each of the two bottom photos, use the 12-Inch Trimmer and the Scallop Blade trim one short end of a 4" x 6" dark purple variety mat and cut to about 3/16 inches wide with the straight blade. Use the Scallop Blade to trim the edge of the same mat a second time and, again, cut to about 3/16 inches with the straight blade. Set aside the remainder of the variety mat to be used later. Use a Repositional Tape Runner to adhere strips to edge of the two bottom photos as shown.
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut the Laser Cut Border shown into two 5 1/4" long pieces, carefully cutting around the design as shown. Use a Repositional Tape Runner to adhere to layout as shown.
- To create a journal box, use a personal trimmer or 12-Inch Trimmer to cut a 3" x 4" journal box from a 4" x 6" variety mat. Adhere to left page as shown.
- Using the 12-Inch Trimmer and the Deckle Blade, cut a 2 1/4" square from the remainder of the dark purple variety mat used in step 4. Add faux stitching with a black dual-tip pen if desired. The white square with the dotted trim shown was cut from a variety mat to 2 1/8" square. The square has a small heart in the center that you can leave as is if desired. I covered mine with one 1" and one 1 1/4" heart cut from variety mats using CM's retired heart punches. Mat your white square with a 2 1/4" square cut from purple cardstock. Adhere both squares to right page as shown. Adhere stickers shown, using foam squares where desired to add dimension.
- To create the flags used on the left page, cut one sticker flag to 1 3/8 inches and adhere to page as shown. Use the Scallop Tag Punch to punch a tag from a 1" wide piece of scrap paper. Cut to 1" long and adhere to page as shown. Adhere stickers shown, using foam squares to add dimension where desired.
- To finish, create a title with your choice of black ABC/123 stickers and adhere to page with stickers shown. Journal your story and you're done.
There you go! I'd love to see what you've done with your own photos. Just visit my Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/cmcdbrinsley to leave a photo of your layout.
For more information about the products used in today's blog post, please visit your advisor's website. Of course, if you don't already have an advisor, I'd be more than happy to be your personal Creative Memories advisor. Just visit my website at http://www.creativememories.com/user/dbrinsley to create an account.
Here is a list of today's participants:
Stop 1: Karyn from Karyn Crops
Stop 2: Me ................ you are here
Stop 3: Lisa from Lisa's Workshop
Stop 4: Noreen from Organized & Creative Mom
Stop 5: Krista from Scrappin' with Krista
Stop 6: Meggan from The Printed Project
Stop 7: Tammy from Photos2Albums
Stop 8: Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks
Your next stop is Lisa from Lisa's Workshop
Don't forget to visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CreativeLifeScrapbooking/
Have a good day and thanks so much for visiting my blog!