Hello and welcome to Creative Life Scrapbooking's 2020 Summer Blog Hop. I'm following Karyn from Karyn Crops today and Tessa from Tessa Scrapbooks will be your next stop. If you missed any of today's stops, you'll find a list of stops at the end of my post. Be sure to visit all of the stops on the list for some great ideas from the paper crafters and scrapbookers from Creative Life Scrapbooking. You might also want to follow our Facebook page at Creative Life Scrapbooking for even more inspiration and ideas for your scrapbooking projects. Today I'm sharing a layout created with CM's Open Road Theme Pack. If you haven't tried CM's Theme Packs yet do check them out here. CM's Theme Packs include designer paper, cardstock and stickers and they're perfect for just about any event or theme you want to scrapbook. You'll find instructions for my layout below.
Here's what you'll need to complete today's layout:
- Using the designer paper shown as your base, cut one 4" x 12" piece from the blue cardstock included. Using the 12-Inch Trimmer and the Deckle Blade, cut down the middle of the green pattern border from the border strips and mats designer paper (see illustration below). Switch to the Straight Blade and remove both strips as shown in the illustration below. Adhere both strips underneath each side of the blue cardstock as shown and adhere to left side of base. Cut one 2 1/2" x 12" piece from Wild Oats or Beige Cardstock and adhere to top of blue cardstock as shown.
- Adhere on 5 3/8" x 4" photo and one 3 3/4" x 4" photo to the blue cardstock as shown. Adhere on 5 3/4" x 3 1/2" photo and one 5 3/4" x 3" photo to the right side of the page with the left edge under the green border as shown. Remove the green journal mat from the border strips and mats designer paper and mat with blue pattern paper before adhering to page as shown.
- To create the Highways & Byways tag, cut one 1" x 4" strip from blue pattern paper and punch each end with the 3-in-1 Scallop Tag Punch. Use foam squares to adhere the title sticker shown. Adhere to page as shown.
- To create the green tag, use scissors to cut a 7/8" x 1 7/8" piece from a green portion of the green pattern paper. Use scissors to cut a V on one end and adhere to page as shown. Cut a 1" x 1 3/8" piece from blue pattern paper. Use scissors to cut a V into one end and adhere to page as shown. Finish cluster with the stickers shown.
- To finish, add border stickers, decorative stickers and word stickers shown, using foam squares where desired. Use a brown dual-tip pen to add your story and you're done.